Time Management for School Assignments
Students should not spend more than 90 minutes per night. This time should be budgeted in the following manner.
- 15 minutes looking for the assignment.
- 11 minutes calling a friend for the assignment.
- 23 minutes explaining why the teacher is mean and just does not like children.
- 8 minutes in the bathroom.
- 10 minutes getting a snack.
- 7 minutes checking the TV guide.
- 6 minutes telling parents that the teacher never explained the assignment.
- 10 minutes sitting at the kitchen table waiting for Mom and Dad to do the assignment.
LONG TERM ASSIGNMENTS:
- These are given the night before they are due. This explains the name "long term".
- It is a long term commitment time that begins at 9:30 PM and ends no earlier than 11:50 PM.
- It is important that the whole family is involved in the project.
- It is imperative that at least one family member races to the store for poster board, and that at least one family member ends up in tears.
(This does not have to be the student!)
- One parent needs to stay up and complete the project, the other parent needs to call the school and leave a message that the student is out sick.
- It is not necessary to have the students name on the assignment.